Please keep in mind that if you want you full maximum amount of high quality hash you should invest in bubble bags. for those who would like a few grams of full melt for personal use this is a great method.
Things you will need:
2 bigger soup pots, 15-20 quarts. Fill one 3/4 full with ice water
2 clear quart Jars
Brass coffee filter
Paper coffee filters
Lots of trim!!!!
1. It is best to use high quality trim as opposed to shade and fan leaves.
2. I have found that is works best if you freeze your trim over night.
3. Fill the Kitchenaide mixing bowl about 3/4 full with frozen trim and about 1/2 full with very cold ice water (don’t put the ice in the bowl with the trim and water).
4. I have taken a round Tupperware container lid and cut a hole out of the middle so that I can cover Kitchenaide while mixing. It is important that you find a way to cover the bowl while the mixer is on or you will wear the contents of the bowl.
5. Put on the wire whisk and mix on almost high speed for about a 1 and 1/2 mins. until it gets frothy, making sure to hold the lid on VERY tightly the whole time. You want most of the ice from the leaf to be melted but still have a little left. * If you want you can use the metal mixing piece and get significantly more hash, you can also use the wire whisk for a longer period of time and get more but it is not usually a full melt hash like like the method described. And so it is a question of quality vs quantity and what you personally want.
6. Now strain the mix with the colander into the other large pot. Take a cup or two of clean water and rinse mixed leaf as best as possible. Then squeeze the water out of the leaf mass and put the leaf aside to use for cannabutter.
7. Repeat this process until your trim is gone. Keep the mixed and strained water in the fridge to keep it cool.
8. Take the whole pot of greenish water, that is full of little white trichromes, and filter it through the brass coffee filter into the other pot.
9. Now you put the filtered water in the fridge and wait for about 45 mins. Trichromes are heavier than water so they will sink. Dump off the top 90% of the water watching carefully and being sure not to dump out the white stuff on the bottom, the trichromes. * I usually save the excess water to make cannabutter with.
10. Dump the rest of the water, with the trichromes in it, into your kitchenaide bowl (because it is easy to handle) and fill it about 1/2-3/4 full with clear cold water and let it sit for about 45 mins in the fridge. Dump the top 90% of the water off being sure not to pour out the trichromes.
11. Pour the rest into a jar, if you did it well you will only need one jar. It is okay if you have to use two jars, you just need to pour off a little more water. * Don’t worry you’ll get all the missed good stuff in the cannabutter anyway.
12. If the water is pretty clear without alot of green tint to it just let it sit in the fridge for 45 mins and then dump off as much water as you can. If the water seems dark add clean water let it sit and dump it off repeating until the water is more clear than not.
13. Dump the small amount of sandy looking water through a coffee filter and your hash will appear. Once the water is drained sufficiently it is easiest to get the hash off the filter while it’s still wet, rather than let it dry on the filter. * Do not try to the hash off while it is soupy! What doesn’t come off easily you can scrape off with a credit card. Let it dry over night before you try it, let it dry for like 5-7 days before you put it away. If you made a good full melt hash it will stay a little soft and pliable for a very long time.